Recent Changes - Search:


Beyond Calligraphy - Main Site

Beyond Calligraphy - Blog

edit SideBar

K /


Kansubon (巻子本, かんすぼん, i.e. “scroll or a rolled book”)

Another term for makihon (巻き本, まきほん, i.e. “rolled book”). It is a piece of calligraphy mounted on parchment or layers of paper. Kansubon is a preliminary stage for mounting work on a wooden axis, which alters it into a makimono (巻物, まきもの, lit. “rolled thing”). Also, please refer to kakejiku (掛け軸, かけじく, i.e. “hanging scroll”).

Random Shodopedia link

(:include :)

Edit - History - Print - Recent Changes - Search
Page last modified on October 26, 2011, at 10:50 AM